Urology is a medical specialty that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders affecting the urinary system and the male reproductive system. From kidney stones and UTIs to prostate cancer and male infertility, urologists are trained to diagnose and treat a wide range of urological conditions.
At GluCare.Health, we are excited to announce the expansion of our services to include urology. Our team of experienced and highly skilled urologists is committed to providing high-quality, compassionate care to patients with urological disorders.
One of the most common urological conditions is kidney stones. These solid mineral deposits can cause significant pain and discomfort, and urologists use various methods to diagnose and treat them, such as prescribing medications, recommending lifestyle changes, or performing minimally invasive procedures to remove or break down the stones.
Urinary incontinence, or the involuntary leakage of urine, is another condition that urologists commonly treat. The underlying cause of incontinence can vary, and urologists diagnose and recommend appropriate treatments, which may include medications, physical therapy, or surgery.
Urologists also treat prostate-related conditions, including BPH, prostatitis, and prostate cancer. Treatment options can include medications, minimally invasive procedures, or surgery, depending on the severity and specific diagnosis.
In addition to these conditions, urologists evaluate and treat male infertility issues and diagnose and treat bladder cancer using a combination of approaches such as surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or radiation therapy.
At GluCare.Health, we use advanced diagnostic techniques and treatment options to ensure our patients receive the most effective and efficient care. Imaging studies, such as ultrasound, CT scans, and MRI, are used to evaluate urinary tract abnormalities, while treatment options can vary widely depending on the specific condition and its severity.
Urology Conditions and Treatments:
- Kidney stones: Managed with medications, lifestyle adjustments, or minimally invasive procedures.
- Urinary incontinence: Diagnosed and treated using medications, physical therapy, or surgery.
- UTIs: Treated with antibiotics and preventive lifestyle changes.
- Prostate issues: Addressed with medications, minimally invasive procedures, or surgery.
- Male infertility: Treated through medications, hormone therapy, or surgical corrections.
- Erectile dysfunction: Managed with medications, lifestyle alterations, or surgical interventions.
- Bladder cancer: Diagnosed and treated using surgery, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, or radiation.
- Pediatric urology: Specialized care for children’s urinary and genital issues.
Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures in Urology
Imaging studies are used to evaluate urinary tract abnormalities, including kidney stones and tumors. These studies include:
- Ultrasound (sonography): Utilizes sound waves to image internal organs, often assessing kidneys, ureters, bladder, and prostate for abnormalities.
- CT scan: Uses X-rays from various angles to create cross-sectional images, enabling radiologists to diagnose diseases with advanced imaging techniques.
- MRI: Combines magnetic fields and radio waves to generate detailed 3D images without radiation exposure, offering a safer scanning option.
- Arteriography: Involves dye injection into kidney arteries and X-ray tracking to visualize blood flow under anesthesia.
With the addition of urology services, GluCare.Health continues to expand our commitment to providing comprehensive and coordinated care for our patients. We are excited to offer these new services and look forward to helping our patients achieve optimal health and well-being.
We believe that our new urology services will significantly benefit our patients by providing them with a broader range of options for the diagnosis, management, and treatment of urological disorders, at GluCare.Health, we are committed to delivering the highest quality of care to our patients, and we look forward to serving our community with the latest and most advanced urological care available.
Don’t let your urinary problems affect your quality of life. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with one of our urologists. You can call us at 04 220 1570 or WhatsApp us at +971 52 445 8371. We are located at 268 Al Wasl Road, Jumeirah 1, Dubai.
GluCare.Health – Your partner in urinary health.